Smartware PRO does not recognize external drives

Hello,

I have downloaded the 30 day “fully functional” trial of Smartware PRO.  I am evaluating the software for use at our company.  The PRO version says that it will work on 3rd party *non-WD" drives, but it does not recognize them.  They are not selectable nor are they seen by the software.  The lite version works well and we like the automatic ‘versioning’ that it does.  But I am dissappointed with either the web site claiming that the 30 day trial is fully functional or with the support from WD in trying to get this issue resolved.

Has anyone actually bought the PRO version and used it to backup internal drives to non -WD external drives?

Hello,

Please check your private messages.

I have downloaded 30 days free trial smartware pro and it does not recognize external drives. thanks

Hi,

I have Smartware Pro v2.2.0 and it does not recognize removable storage device (i.e. USB stick).

Any solution?

having the same problem, is there a sulution?

Unfortunately, same problem here. Smartware Pro does not show non-wd drives (USB drives), nor does it show network shares as back-up targets. The Pro only enabled dropbox, not the unsupported drives as promised. I was hoping to attach my Ultra to my routers NAS connection as back-up the two laptops without always having to plug the drive into each.

I tried multiple USB drives (2.0,3.0) 8gb-32gb and none of them show up.