Smartware 2.2.1-Dashboard Settings/Users don't work- tried to re-instal WD SmartWare

I upgraded Smartware to version 2.2.1 and Dashboard does work properly any more.

1. Clicking on Settings gives the ‘Please wait…’ message then just takes you back to the main screen.
  2. Clicking on Users gets you to the User List, but clicking on admin (my User name) give the ‘Please wait…’ message forever until you exit your Internet browser (Google Chrome) (see attachment1).

Following advice from a user, I un-installed WD SmartWare 2.2.1, and tried to re-install it.  However, I get the following messages that prevent the installation from completing:

Installing WD SmartWare Stopping services (see attacment2)

WD SmartWare setup- Service WD Backup could not be stopped (see attacment3)

Can anyone please assist?  I went to Services, and it says WD Backup ‘stopping’, but it doesn’t stop, and WD SmartWare setup then rolls back and fails to instal.  I have tried re-booting and re-installing WD SmartWare, but get the same problem.

Installing WD SmartWare Stopping services.jpg WD SmartWare setup- Service WD Backup could not be stopped.jpg

Please contact support for additional troubleshooting  with this issue.

To contact support:

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?wdc_lang=en

Try rebooting your PC and your MyBook.  I have now had to reboot the MyBook every other day since installing 2.2.1 for it to work correctly!

RBrodzinsky

Thanks for your suggestion- I have rebooted my computer and switched off MyBookLiveDuo and on again.

I got the same problem as before (repeated again here):

I upgraded Smartware to version 2.2.1 and Dashboard doesn’t work properly any more.
1) Clicking on Settings gives the ‘Please wait…’ message then just takes you back to the main screen.
2) Clicking on Users gets you to the User List, but clicking on admin (my User name) give the ‘Please wait…’ message forever until you exit your Internet browser (Google Chrome).

So, I un-installed SmartWare 2.2.1 again, got rid of all the loose ends in the Registry (using Advanced System Care), and re-installed it again.  However, I get the following messages again that prevent the installation from completing:

Installing WD SmartWare Stopping services

WD SmartWare setup- Service WD Backup could not be stopped. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to stop system services’.  I went to Services, and it says WD Backup ‘stopping’, but it doesn’t stop, and WD SmartWare setup then rolls back and fails to instal.

Next, I un-installed SmartWare 2.2.1, and installed the older version of SmartWare 2.2.0.8.  Again, I get the same errors.

So, I can’t instal SmartWare at all now.

Please assist.

Wfeg

WHY DOESN’T SOMEONE ANSWER MY URGENT QUESTIONS???

I PUT A REQUEST IN TO SUPPORT AND GET NO ANSWER, SO I PUT THE SAME QUESTION (WITH UPDTAES) ON THE FORUM AND GET NO ANSWERS TO THE UPDATES.

NAS DRIVES DO NOT APPEAR TO ME TO BE WELL DESIGNED AND FUNCTIONING PROPERLY- I HAVE HAD SO MUCH TROUBLE WITH THEM.

As an update to what I wrote the other day, I have shutdown MyBookLiveDuo, AND THEN installed SmartWare 2.2.1, but still get the same result- the following messages again prevent the installation from completing:

Installing WD SmartWare Stopping services

WD SmartWare setup- Service WD Backup could not be stopped. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to stop system services’.  

This time WD SmartWare setup did not rolls back, it just ended without installing.

The end result is the same- I can’t use MyBookLiveDuo or SmartWare.

Can someone please assist???