SmartWare Pro and Dropbox -- problems uploading

Hi there,

I have been trying to use SmartWare Pro to backup part of my documents to Dropbox. While everything seems to be correctly set up, and the process starts ok and things start to be uploaded, I find myself having the following problems:

• The upload is slow. Terribly slow. We are talking 5 minutes per mega slow. I did check that the upload speed is not a router problem. No firewalls, either. Uploads directly from my computer or My Book Live hard drive to Dropbox are fast, but when using SmartWare Pro they couldn’t be slower.

• There is no way to upload more than, say, 10 megas at a time. At some point the slooooow process just stops – no information whatsoever, but it shows as non active. I can activate it again and start the backup again – that gives me an extra 10 megas, maybe, in like 40-50 minutes. Long way to go until I can upload the 8 gigas of documents I would like to have in Dropbox!

I even bought a Pro membership of Dropbox so I could use the service for my important documents, and registered for SmartWare Pro, so I am pretty desperate about this. I have tried resetting the computer, resetting the hard drive, logging in and out of Dropbox… To no avail.

Anyone has any suggestions or is having the same problem?

What is your upload speed?

I had a download of 10mbit and an upload of  1mbit…and that was terrible slow, when backing up to Dropbox.

After upgrading to fiber DSL with 30/30 mbit it runs smooth…

Thanks for your answer!

My speed is 10/1. I am not, however, uploading 1 Mb/s at all – I’d rather say 10Kb/min, if at all. I get decent speeds when uploading directly using the dropbox folder in my computer or a browser. It is like this software is the one throttling the upload to Dropbox. 

And also, I still don’t get why stops the upload every 20/30 minutes. As a result, I cannot really upload during the night, which might be an option to have my files up there before 2014!

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, again, but nothing happened. Oh well. Any suggestions? Anyone having a similar problem?

same problem and i have never meet a slower uploading