Setting up Smartware

I am trying to use the WD Smartware Pro, but it keeps asking me to “Enter Log in Credentials To connect to” I have tried my name and password for my “MY CLOUD” and even for my windows 8 computer, and Home group password. I don’t know what it is asking for :frowning:

What are the access rights for the Smartware share on your NAS? Hopefully it is either Public, or the same as the user you typically use to access the NAS.

Check Credential Manager in Windows. If there is any profile in it, delete it and set up your windows credential again.

The default way in Windows is using Domain\Username, even though you are not using Domain in your home lan, Windows will use your compter name as domain! This will cause this login issue.

So set up the credential by just inputing your computer login name and/or password. Hope this helps.

1 Like

RayChuChu’s advice is spot-on. A credentials conflict can block any WD NAS from properly interacting with WD SmartWare.

Regards,

Had it working once, and now it is asking for creditials again :(, I about to just give up and send it back

Are you able to provide an image of what comes up asking for this information? Seeing it would probable help us provide an answer.

Look at P.35 in the User Manual and see if this is what you are seeing?

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705057.pdf

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

what do you mean by NAS

So far it is working again. I had to restart the my cloud and computer, and then it won’t ask, but then it started asking again. so I did it again, and so far it has not asked again for the credentials.

NAS = network attached storage.

Basically your MyCloud drive in this case - generically it’s a drive or similar storage device that’s connected via your network rather than directly via USB or similar.