Post Your SmartWare Win Version 1.5.0.17 Experiences Here

Thanks for the reply bill_s!

I have finally decided that continous backup from WD is not for me and my machine.

The 1.5.0.17 version with it’s 100% CPU usage, plus that I have some free time now, made up my mind.

So, I removed SmartWare and installed Comodo backup instead (free) - not a “continous” backup program, but my machine is now back to normal again. Even when doing a full backup, only around 60% CPU is used, so I can even work at the same time (if I choose to make a backup while working). So, my computer feels like new, and I am once again in control of what it is doing (not the other way around).

SmartWare is a good idea with a terrible implementation, too bad.

As a last wish, I guess a simple “Pause backup” button on the smartware icon would have solve most of the problems with this application. It would have been acceptable to pause the continous backup while working, then resume it afterwards.

So, thanks and bye SmartWare, I hope we will never meet again :slight_smile: I am sorry to say it will take a while before I consider WD products again…at least next time I will do a real investigation before buying anyway…

2 Likes