Post Your SmartWare Win Version 1.5.0.17 Experiences Here

Old_Man_Swampy wrote:

@Ties42 - See http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-Smartware/WDFME-exe-Process-Keeps-Running/td-p/77252 for some temporary solutions to your (our) problem, which is apparently still very relevant.

Don’t expect any answers here though, this is a user community NOT a support community (as I have been told). Users helping users unless the moderator thinks differently. You will get some defensive staff members who at times get quite belligerent so please remember, your opinion here is irrelevant.

Probably the best thing to do is post it in a truly open forum as a “product review” at say TigerDirect, NewEgg or any of the other resellers of Western Digital equipment.

Old_Man_Swampy, I know that you are upset that I closed down the original thread dealing with SmartWare using too much resources, but how is it that you think I’m being beligerent?  All I’m trying to do is make sure that any issues people are having with the new version of SmartWare don’t get lost or overlooked.  And, since I pulled your post to start this new thread in order to highlight your specific issue with the new SmartWare, how is it that you think I’m treating your opinion as irrelevant?  Your opinion is important, that’s why I used it.  That’s why this community is here.  And though this is a user to user community, that doesn’t mean we don’t pay attention. 

2 Likes