New Release - WD Smartware Version 2.0.0 for Windows (4/16/13)

I’m using Smartware 2.0.0 with a My Passport on a Win 7 64-bit system. The initial backup was fine. Any files I create or modify while the drive is plugged in are immediately backed up. But any file I create or modify while the drive is not plugged in do NOT get backed up when I later plug the drive in.

Checking the SmartWare backup tab, the message at the top says the backup is complete. The file count on the right has no pending files. But if I look in the retrieve tab to retrieve these files, they are not there, and if I look on the drive itself, they are not there. If I then open one of these files while the drive is plugged in, modify it, and save it, it’s immediately backed up.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling SmartWare, rebooting, starting and stopping the WD services, with no change. In case it was just a matter of time, I’ve left the drive plugged in for 48 hours, and still these files don’t get backed up.

If anyone has a fix for this, I’d greatly appreciate it. I’m on the verge of giving up and going with another app.