My Passport Ultra does not backup added files

Got My Passport Ultra the other day and backed up the photos.  As I added new photos, I tried to back them up.  It did backup the photos that I added.  However, at my second backup of another set of new photos, My Passport would not backup these newly added photos which are under the same folder as other photos that I backed up initially.  

I did “appy changes” and the software idicated that it was copying the files.  And at the end, it said the files gad copied successfully.  But checking the My Passport, these new photos are not copied onto the My Passport.

I did try to copy them again.  The same result.

Am I doing something wrong?  I did not do anything different from the 1st time when I successfully copied the added files…

Thank you for your help in advance!

Bubbledogs,

It would appear you are using WD SmartWare. Is the application configured using the “Category” engine, or are you using the “File” engine?

Yes, I am using WD Smartware, and using the “File” engine.

Strange thing is that the Passport updates other folders, but completely ignoring the same folders everytime I try.

Is there any other way to back up the files without using the Smartware?

Thanks for your help. 

Bubbledogs,

Do you experience the same results using the “Category” engine?

I do.  I am having the same problem, and it also occurs in the “category” mode.  What is the deal?