My Book Will Not Open

I’ve had MyBook WDBAAF5000EBK for about 2 years and have not had reason to check on backed up files recently.  Today I tried to open and it showed my internal hard drive “C” only.  I clicked Home and nothing happened.  Backup and Retrieve buttons are dark and don’t work.  How do I get everything to function again?  I hope I don’t have to uninstall and reinstall again .  All help is very much appreciated.

All the extra effort I put in yesterday must have paid off.  I logged on this morning and everything seemed to be back to normal.  Backup was normal so problem solved but I still don’t know how it happened.

Is provable that the My Book was not connected correctly. 

1 Like

I have the same problem.

My Book (2TB) just shows up shortly after I connect it to the laptop and then disappears. Also, back up is impossible. It just doesnt open and switches off.

I have another Book (3TB) which serves also for the same back up and it works. I have managed to save data there.

Any help please?

Thank you!

Valentina

After I entered my password,  it showed as internal hard drive “I” , not as mybook, as always used to showed.  I tried to open and can not, is asking me to format.  How do I get everything to function again?  .  All help is very much appreciated.

my girlfriend reformatted her laptop with my book essentials plugged in and now it seems that there is no driver or software in the hardrive. i cant get any access in even though ive uninstalled and reinstalled wd smartware software on my pc, ive downloaded and installed all drivers and software needed and updated and yet still i cant get in. it doest come up when smartware is on it only shows my c drive.  can anyone help or have any answers. i need to know if all my data still exists :slight_smile: how do i get inside?

much Appreciated 

Did you ever solve this problem? I just had the same problem. All of my family photos are stored on my book and when I tried to retrieve them, I got a message that I need to format the disc!! I know this erase the file. I don’t know what to do? Any advice?  Thank you kindly.  Michele