Info about WD Drive Manager for Mac Version 3.1.0 and Mavericks 10.9.1

The 25th of November Drive Manager for Mac Version 3.1.0 has been released. Now, Mavericks 10.9.1 is out, I would like to kwow if the update has been tested for this new version of the OS and if we can update to Mavericks in a safe manner.

I’m a My Book Studio II customer and for now I have ML 10.8.5 with Time Machine running.

Anyone has updated to Mavericks after the release of the new Drive Manager? Any issues?

Thanks for the attention.

I have no problems, but that’s me.

Thanks for your feedback.

Did you update to new WD Drive manager version and then to last Mavericks version?

Thank you again.

Had 10.9 since last week as I waited for the fire to cool off. DM updated last week.

@ThePizzaMatrix

Thanks for the support. So, DM was updated before or after 10.9?

In my case I’ve already updated DM and now I’m waiting for Mavericks.

After downloaded the new WD Drive Manager (Mac) 3.1.0 and followed the above instructions, the current WD Drive Manager version REMAINS the 2.3.1.

1. Please close any files or open applications as this utility will require you to restart your computer system after installation has been completed.
  2. Download the WD_Drive_Manager_Installer_3_1_0_1x.zip file to your desktop. Extract the contents of the WD_Drive_Manager_Installer_3_1_0_1x.zip file using an extraction utility.
  3. Double click on the WD Drive Manager Installer.
  4. Follow the onscreen prompts to install the WD Drive Manager software.
  5. Restart your computer system after installation has been completed.

Is this correct? I’m actually running ML 10.8.5. Here a similar discussion.

http://community.wd.com/t5/External-Drives-for-Mac/Drive-Manager-v3-1-0-shows-v2-3-1/m-p/651643#M9063

A user continues to see v2.3.1 after installing Mavericks. Is this a bug?

img.png

Similar issue (WD Manager still reporting version 2.3.1 instead of 3.1.0). I’m on Lion 10.7.5.