I am having an error lunching WD(Initialization of "WDSmartWAre.Home.Conetent' threw an exception)

Hi,

I really have updated to the latest version of WDSmartware, however, whenever lunching it, I face this error below, although I have the the fourth version of NET FrameWork installed.

Should I install the NET 4.5 to get over this error

Capture.PNG

Could anyone please reply to me?

I really have booted into the safe mode, then I lunched the program, but this errr below is also showing me.

Luncing WD in Safe Mode.PNG

I really don’t know what might be causing the problem. I really even updated the WDFirmwareUpdater.

When I have updated the program in other laptop of mine, it worked well. And the same thing I have done on the Acer laptop. But the program has an error lunching.

Some detials of my problem:

First: The old version was lunching very well.

Old one is OK.PNG

When installing the updates via WDSmart installer, the program wasn’t lunching.

New wd.PNG

I have uninstall the entir program and reinstall it again, then it was worked well, but also, when install the updates, then the problel came back

I’d call WD here. Seems to me the new version is crashing on your system as the old one works.

Forget the firmware updater as that’s for the drive and doesn’t affect smartware; smartware should open and run even with no WD drive connected.

Thanks a lot,

Yes, maybe it is correct.

I have installed the old versions of both computers and then updated program on both computers. Thus, why does new version of WDSmartWare works well on another laptop of mine(HP:CPU:i5(2GHz) on which Windows 7 Home premium(64Bit) installed?

However, when I updated the WDSmartWare which was installed on my other laptop(Acer:Extensa CPU 1.73GHz) on which a Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit is installed, I face this error.

I really have uninstalled the WD smartware many times and then reinsall it.
The old version is working, however, when updating, the error shows to me.
What do you suggest me to do? This is really strange error, isn’t it?

Do you think there is related to Graphics(GMA). the laptop have problem with WD has GMA(X3100- 128MB) and 2.5GB RAM.

However, other laptop of mine doesn’ have a problem with WD has   Graphics  2GB and 6GB RAM

Moreover, I have checked services and both program are started.

Can be anything from the entire list of programs on the system, to the registry. I’d try again after clearing old registration values with a registry optimizer. I use TuneUp but CCleaner is free.

Thanks a lot,

Which tab should I use to do this in CCleaner? Is it the registry tab?

I have really even installed Net Framework 3.5 and Visual C++ as these are things that are required by the WD program to enable it to work. I didn’t see any the program worked well. Although these Net Framework 3.5 and Visual C++ are not installed on my other computer which doesn’t any problem with WD program. Thus, I think these  things are required by the WD program to enable it to work. It is enough NET4.5 is installed.

As a result, I really have solved my problem by fixing corrupted existing user account’s profile by applying this steps in tis articl.

I have posted back with the solution only maybe someone else have this problem in the future. Thus, this solution will be the only solution.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

I had the same problem. WD even had someone in level 2 support try but could not find the problem.  I had .Net 4.5 installed. Uninstalled it and reinstalled .Net 4.0. For some reason Smartware installed and opened with no problems.

RicknNC wrote:

I had the same problem. WD even had someone in level 2 support try but could not find the problem.  I had .Net 4.5 installed. Uninstalled it and reinstalled .Net 4.0. For some reason Smartware installed and opened with no problems.

You can either fixing the corrupted user account or creating a new Windows user account, then lunching WD will be absolutely lunching well.