How can I delete a single PC's backup?

I have replaced one of the PCs in my home network and would like to delete it’s backup set only.

Can’t seem to find any documentation on doing this.

Hello,

You may go into the external drive and into the backup folder, named “WDSmartware.swstor” and delete the folder that corresponds to the PC in question.

1 Like

I too have got the same problem in my hard disk. But when i try to delete that folder it is not getting deleted. 

Please help me out.

That back up is unnecessaryly occupying large space in my hard disk.

anurag276 wrote:

I too have got the same problem in my hard disk. But when i try to delete that folder it is not getting deleted. 

Please help me out.

That back up is unnecessaryly occupying large space in my hard disk.

What happens when you try to delete it? Error message or what? Be specific, and if you’re erasing any backup from a computer that has Smartware alredy working, Smartware will just start over copying the files again as it won’t detect manual deletion.

Thanks for the reply. But when i delete the complete folder, it starts deleting and when it finish deleting the files, it still shows the same amount of volume remaining in the folder. And my smartware software is not running.

I dont know whats happening with my hard disk. Is there any software available for deleting these files ?

What if you just format the entire drive?

i cant…

“when it finish deleting the files, it still shows the same amount of volume remaining in the folder.”

Did you Empty the Recycle bin? Windows keeps the data until you do so, so that it can be restored if deleted accidentally.