Does the Automatic Backup auto-delete as well? [2TB My Book Essential External HD]

Hey I just wanted to ask, I understand the automatic backup basically copies everything you’ve made on your HD and puts it on the my book essential, but if I say were to download a large wav file and then decide to delete it after does it also delete it off of my My Book? If not is there any way I can counter this without having to do it manually, and are nero/roxio/other better alternatives for software backuping? 

Thanks for your time

If you are referring to the smartware backup software, then no it does not delete a file from the backup when you delete it from your computer.  that would require a sync type software that goes into your backup and makes sure that it copies what you are backing up.

also, if you are using smartware, you don’t want to go into the backup folder and start deleting files. that could mess up the backup and cause smartware to stop backing up files.

I noticed that you said that you understand the automatic backup basically copies everything you’ve made on you hard drive and puts in on your external drive.  the backup software only backs up certain types of files, none of which are system files and folders.  It basically backups up pictures, movies, documents, and “others.”  you might want to check what files will get backed up and what won’t before assuming that it backs up everything.  the list should be in the manual.