Corrupt Folder in My Passport

Hello, I have a problem with a corrupt folder on my passport harddrive.

When I look in folder A for a subfolder B in windows explorer, subfolder B is not visible. However if I make a new folder and name it the name I know the corrupt folder has it tells me there is already a folder with this name. It is not a hidden folder as I have show hidden folders on.

I can find subfolder B with command prompt but it appears to be empty (however it is not, if I create a file with the same name as one of the files in B and put it in a new folder I name the same as B it asks if the newly created file should replace the old in subfolder B.

I’ve tried deleting the corrupted folder via command line following this guide:  http://www.windows-commandline.com/delete-directory-from-command-line/

however efter after enter y after it asks if I’m sure I get the same message: “the directory is not empty”, same if I use /Q

If I go to folder A with WinRar I can see folder B but when I try to delete it I get the error message:  

Error 0x80070091: The Directory is Not Empty

How do I go about fixing this ?

Hello,

You can try formatting the drive, this will delete all data stored on it including corrupted files.

How to partition and format a WD drive on Windows (8, 7, Vista, XP) and Mac OSX

Hello Hamlet

I finally managed to fix my drive although I had to format it completely.

I believe the problem came from that I did not have administrator privileges for the folder that got corrupted.

Thanks alot for the help

Best regards Nikolai

Hello,

Good to know you have solved your issue. Thank you for sharing.