Cannot identify photo files not being backed up

I am using a WD My Passport and version 2.2.1 of the WD Smartware to back up my hard drive on my computer which uses windows 7.  I had the computers hard drive partitioned into C:, F:, G:, H:, and I:.  My Photos and Videos are located in partition H.  All other partitions back up successfully, except the photos and videos (H).  The software shows that 6,469 files taking up 6.64GB  are backed up successfully  Under files not backed up, it states that there are 9,591,932 files, size 1.12GB not backed up.  When I click view files, a busy circle comes on the screen and never lists the files.  I have left the back up on overnight and nothing happens.  I cannot move to another tab or close the smartware using the “X”.  I have to use the task manager to close the software.  My H drive has approx 7.6GB of data.  If you subtract the back up of 6.64GB, I have .96GB remaining, not 1.12GB as shown not backed up.  My problem is that I cannot identify which files are not backing up!  The software is not giving me a list.  I have used this function on other drives and am able to show the files not being backed up.  I have to think it will no show because of the large number.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated on how to determine what files are causing this problem.

Woodworker47

Hello,

Make  sure you have the latest Smartware version installed, also close any programs that might be accessing the pictures that you want to backup.

WD Smartware version 2.2.1

I am using this version of the smartware software.  I do not have any other programs open that would access photos.  I also noticed that some new photos did not get backed up.  I unchecked the folder and rechecked it and they were backed up.  Any other thoughts?