Cannot Activate Smartware Pro

We purchased our new My Passport Ultra a few days ago and used it for the first time overnight.  We set up Smartware and upgraded to Smartware Pro, but we did not have the activation code.

How can we activate the software?  The help file says to enter the code in the Activate Smartware Pro dialog, but we cannot locate the dialog anymore.

Hmm I have a similar problem. I purchased a 1TB My Passport Ultra, and it says it comes with the software of WD SmartWare Pro, but I only have standard SmartWare and it doesn’t come with any form of activation code that I can think of or find. Where is it?

Reply for JandNL,

The activation code should have been sent to your email. Check the email account you used when setting up your account.

Posted by,

cat0w

Same problem. Purchase new Passport Ultra, installed software. Got only regular Smartware, with no option of activating to Pro version. No email also received with any Activation Code. Plz assist :frowning:

I have the same problem guys, It didnt ask me for my e-mail or name. how did you fix this?? thanks

Hi! I’m upping the post because I have the same problem! I reeeeally need to activate it to use it with Dropbox! Any suggestions??

Edit: I solved it right after posting this :stuck_out_tongue: from Smartware window, go to Setting, Dropbox Account, Select Account, link your Dropbox account, click Allow on the internet page that will pop-up, click finish, et voilà the pop-up window to activate the complimentary Pro version!  You will recevie the activation codes in your email when you’re done :slight_smile:

I have the same problem with my passport ultra

The same Problem with 2 HDD WD MyPassportEssential S/N [Deleted] & [Deleted]. Need help.

I have same problem. Just purchased WD My Passport Ultra 1TB from Best Buy on July 13, when installed Smartware and it asked activation code to upgrade to Pro.  Email customer supprot with REF#[Deleted], followed the intruction but was unable to sovle the problem, so was advised to call their second level support. But don’t have time to call…LOL.  Please help!

I have the same problem. I was asked to enter the activation code which I cannot find anywhere in the drive. Please help ASAP

wiyosa wrote:

I have the same problem. I was asked to enter the activation code which I cannot find anywhere in the drive. Please help ASAP

Hi and welcome wiyosa, I recommend you to contact support directly, they can guide you on the necessary steps.
http://support.wdc.com/country/index.asp

We recently replaced a Passport Ultra that had Smartware Pro.  However, we do not have the email with the activaton code.

Please send it to the email associated with this account.

Thank you!

JandNL wrote:

We recently replaced a Passport Ultra that had Smartware Pro.  However, we do not have the email with the activaton code.

Please send it to the email associated with this account.

Thank you!

While I understand where you’re coming from, I believe you are misunderstanding the very purpose of the WD Community, which is user-to-user interaction. In your position, I would contact Western Digital phone or E-mail as you are experiencing a very specific situation. I am sure they will be more than glad to address your concerns.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Regards,

Sorry about the misplaced post earlier.

We found two (2) active codes.  How do we enter them into the tiral version of Smartware Pro?  We can’t find a link anywhere in the software.

See the User Manual P.32 (Click the free trial countdown icon). If that doesn’t help then wait until the trial runs out and something should pop up saying to enter the code or buy one.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

A friend with My Book Essential decided to try Smartware Pro 30 day free but aborted the process somewhere before finishing. He cant access Backup or Retrieve and it keeps asking for activation code but he didnt enter his email address so doesnt have code. Trying to revert back to free software that came with external drive but cant find it anywhere on WD site. Any suggestions, many thanks 

Go to,

http://setup.wd2go.com/?mod=download&device=mc

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

Got the email with the activation code which cost me $39.95. Repeatedly tried to activate the software and continue to get a message saying “There was a problem trying to validate your activation code. Please try again later.” 

Have tried over and over for the past ten days - sames result.

Tried to email support, impossible to navigate the puzzle of the WD Sotre support.  Seems they are only open six hours a day 5 days a week to call.

Any other suggestions?

I have the same problem - got my activation code in an email tried using it get the " there was an error trying to validate your activation code" error , tried creating a drop box code etc. still no joy.

Can anyone help - I doint have a lot of faith in a backup product that in 30 days will be useless if  I need to restore !

Hello,

I recommend you contact support directly for assistance with this issue.

Contact WD