Can't update WD Smartware to Pro Version

Hello, I am running WD Smartware version 2.4 (latest).  I purchased and got the key to activate the Pro version.  However I have not been able to update as I keep getting the following message “There was an error trying to validate your activation code.  Please try again later”  Well I have been trying for two weeks and nothing.  Can sombody help please.  I am running windows 7 64bit.  Should I get a refund?  thanks

ac0a19 wrote:

Hello, I am running WD Smartware version 2.4 (latest).  I purchased and got the key to activate the Pro version.  However I have not been able to update as I keep getting the following message “There was an error trying to validate your activation code.  Please try again later”  Well I have been trying for two weeks and nothing.  Can sombody help please.  I am running windows 7 64bit.  Should I get a refund?  thanks

We are currently investigating this issue.

Thanks for your patience while we work on getting this resolved for you. 

I am having this same issue. I purchased the activation code and keep receiving that same error. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

Same here. Please expidite solution!

I am having this same problem! been trying since last week

FIX:

I read recently that signing in to DropBox would open the “gate.”

In my case, I had already played the game a few times with the “click to upgrade” icon, with no resulting indication of the “Pro” status.  But after I registered my DropBox account in WD Smartware, the following detail showed in the bottom left corner of both the Help tab and on the page following “Set Up Software” click on the Settings tab.

SmartWare Pro indicator

Not really a clean solution, but it works for now, while WD cleans up its interface logic.