Confirming backup- where is the date?

I set up my Passport Ultra 1TB to backup Monday at 8AM. At 8, the indicator light was flashing for maybe 15 minutes, then a steady light. I opened up the Smartware program and the Backup tab showed a backup message “backup accomplished successfully”. Nowhere do I see a date and time of this “successful”  backup; how do I know that the backup indicated was just performed? Also, is there only one backup, not multiple versions saved?

Size of the backup-126 gb

USB 2.0 connection

Previous backups took a couple of hours

WD SmartWare does not make full backups even when set to scheduled mode. This is because it keeps a single backup that is gradually updated as individual files are changed or added. This means no new files will be added and the backup will be listed as “completed” if there are no new files to add or update at the time the scheduled backup begins.

Regards,

Thanks.

My pleasure.

Regards,

Trancer,

You did answer part of my question, but this remains: Where can I see a dated confirmation that the backup was performed? The message “backup accomplised successfully” is evident, but how do I know that the message is referring to this occurance? If I cannot confirm that I have a backup from NOW, there is a big void in my confidence that I am truly backed up. In the Settings tab/File history there is a selection box for “number of backup versions to keep”; it is only logical that there is a place to view a list of the backups (or updates) that you are keeping.

The backup history only works for files that have been modified and does not affect files already stored with no modifications. The main user interface does feature a timestamp, but the last backup can be confirmed by looking at the latest timestamp for modifications in the SWSTOR folder.

1 Like

In SmartWare click on the clock and you should see the date the last backup was completed and when the next is due. See image below.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

1 Like

This is for the last question, versions saved. You should be able to set that under the settings tab. See image below. Be sure to click on Apply after making your number settings.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)