Backup will not stop running

pixelcowboy,

I have to agree with you. I’ve never experienced so much frustration with a piece of computer equipment. I don’t trust it at all.

Some times it will run a scheduled backup, the next time it will not. Some times it runs forever, sometimes not.

I purchased a WD because of all the rave reviews on Amazon and other sites, plus it was on sale at B & H Photo. I wish I had visited this forum before I made the purchase.

I have a small 400GB Clickfree that I purchased about 4 years ago. It still runs like a top with no problems what so ever. It is so easy operate (as in the name) and access your saved file.  I don’t have to dig deep into the menu file system as in the WD.

I’m kicking myself in the rear for not purchasing a Clickfree C6 which I was considering at the time of the WD Passport purchase.

I believe I’m going to go ahead and shell out the $149 for the C6 so I can be of peace of mind. I’'ll just use this piece of **bleep** as an expensive paper weight.

I don’t want the hassle of sending the WD back for “repair”. Evidently customer satisfaction is not a priority to Western Digital. I wish I could just send it back for a refund but of course WD does not allow that.

1 Like