After WD Smartware install and uninstall on Win 7 Home Premium Sys, System won't wake from sleep

I got a new My Passport Ultra USB3 drive and installed the WD Smartware and the lastest version upgrade. Backup software started up and then after a short time just stopped doing anything and I soon realized that sleep mode was not working right so I removed all the WD Smartware and then tried to get the system back to the state it was on before WD Smartware. I have tried various power settings such as constantly on, which results in a funky system power down mode after a while. To recover, I have to hold down the power button, which is still lit until it goes off and then unplug the system for 25-30 secs. At this point touching the power mode will eventually bring the system and Windows back up. Pushing the sleep button seems to work if restarted in a short time but after a while the system ends up in the same funky power down mode and the same procedure is necessary to get Windows back up. I am guessing that the system is eventually going into hibernate mode, because sleep mode sort of works for short periods, but changing hibernate mode settings under power settings does not seem to help at all. I wonder if WD Smartware made some permanent changes to the Windows register.

Very disappointed in WD Smartware, that the backup software does not work and that even after uninstall it has seriously crippled my system.

Need help restoring sleep mode to full/normal function. I can live without WD Smartware…    

Welcome to the WD Community. This seems more like a Windows issues, since Smartware is not capable of changing the computer sleep/power settings, the sleep settings you see on Smartware is only for the external drive. See if the following Microsoft support link helps. 

Sleep and hibernation: frequently asked questions