Acronis dn't recognize my WD drives

I use two set of velociraptors in raid 0 in my PC.

The WD acronis version do not recognize them as western digital hard drives when they are in raid.

Acronis won’t detect drives on a RAID.

"Acronis won’t detect drives on a RAID."

Exxacly as WD SMARTWare !

If we can understand why SMART is unavailable :frowning: , this WD Acronis issue is just the result of a badly coded *added* limitation.

It should be possible (and easy) to use the ATA information to llok at the WD drives’s presence:

From AIDA64

Model WDC WD3000HLFS-01G6U0 (X3)

Model WDC WD3000HLFS-01G6U1

No one at WD worry about this ?.

And, even for SMART, hddguardian (free) do the job.

Single drive clone vs. RAID volume clone support would be a headache for them because they’d need to ensure compatibility with RAID controllers, which would be a huge problem every time one controller gets updated, forcing WD to do the same on top of paying for the Acronis licence.

They’d make people happuy? yes. Does it make business sense with the expenses? Nope.

So yeah, same as Smartware.

Single drive clone vs. RAID volume clone support would be a headache for them because they’d need to ensure compatibility with RAID controllers, which would be a huge problem every time one controller gets updated, forcing WD to do the same on top of paying for the Acronis licence.

Sorry, but i don’t agree, just need to read ATA informations to ensure a WD HD is present,  as all my hardware monitoring softwares do, Aida, HWIINFO etc. Acronis work perfectly with raids, It is just a lack of care. And something unfair, as raid users use more HD than other customers.

Hoping somebody from WD will read this topic.

Esperado wrote:

Sorry, but i don’t agree, just need to read ATA informations to ensure a WD HD is present,  as all my hardware monitoring softwares do, Aida, HWIINFO etc. Acronis work perfectly with raids, It is just a lack of care. And something unfair, as raid users use more HD than other customers.

Hoping somebody from WD will read this topic.

They use more hard drives, but are the painful minority of users, Same thing as core gamers vs. casual gamers.

me too, the old version can detect wd drive.

i use 2 drive in raid1 and 1 drive as standalone. old version can detect the standalone wdc green, but latest one does not even detect any.

even on non-raid machine it fails to detect wdc blue and wdc black. i’ve emailed support but haven’t received an update yet on this.