Able to successfully retrieve files but cant seem to find any on my computer

So I had to send my laptop out to repair about a week ago, but before sticking it in the mail I backed up my files. When my laptop arrived today, I connected my WD My passport ultra to my laptop and ran the retrieve tab and set it up to be put back to its original location. The program tells me that it successfuly retrieved files. But after trying and looking every where and even doing a search there werent any files. I dont know what to do or what I did wrong. I did select my Hard drive before hitting retrieve. any help or input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance

Currently drinking Jack And Coke. 

Hi and welcome to the Community. when retrieving your files you can select the location where you want Smartware to place the files. You can also manually explore the smartware.swstor folder inside the Passport to find your files. 

Thank you for your response… I did select for my files to be put back to their original location, but once its done retrieving all it says is thats complete but then nothing can be found…

If the computer was formatted or if your User account deleted, then the original locations no longer exist and restoring the files will copy everything to locations that won’t link to your personal documents folder, and as such you would need to manually navigate your C drive to locate the User files. Usually C > Users > Old Account Name.

I would recommend restoring into a content folder as opposed to the original locations in order to specify a folder to hold the content. You can also manually copy and paste out the files from the SWSTOR folder in your hard drive. The files are not encrypted.

Regards,

That makes sense. Thank you for all of your responses. I apreciate it.