WD ShareSpace 4TB access problem with 2008 AD

Hi All,

I was running WD ShareSpace 4TB with firmware 2.1.96 as member of Win 2003 Active Directory for user authentication which was running fine.

After we migrated our network to Win 2008 Active Directory, WD ShareSpace was not joining new domain. I read through community forum here and people suggested upgrade of firmware. I did exactly that and it is now “2.2.9” which resolved 2008 AD joining problem and now I can see all AD users for applying permissions. But when I access it over Network it gives error of “No process is on the other end of the pipe”.

I have tried setting " Allow cryptography algorithms compatible with Windows NT 4.0" to enable on Group Policy but still problem did not resolve. Is somebody else facing same problem or has a solution.

I know it is community site but still hosted on WDC website, does their support people give a look at what their users are facing. I hardly see any comments from WD support in any of the problems. Do they have representation anywhere other than sales. Still waiting…

Support does not monitor these forums.  If you are looking for technical support from WD, you will need to contact them directly.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

1 Like

‘No process is on the other end of the pipe’ message after adding to the Windows server 2008 R2 domain. The unit worls fine when being used in the workgroup.

Is solutions???

Remove the device from the domain change it to workgroup, the again add the device to the domain.

For me the issue was resolved when i added the device on the second time to the Windows 2008 AD envr.

@Bill

Since it seems like you’re the WD ‘rep’ on these forums, I suggest you take two things back to management:

1. Have your support team monitor these discussions.  They can learn a lot from what’s posted here and improve their skills.  Also, it’ll help them provide a better customer experience.

2. As you can see in a lot fo these posts, there’s a demand from small and mid-sized businesses for network storage devices like the Sharespace that meet the needs of our businesses and meet the price points we like.   If I went to EMC, HP or others for enterprise storage, I’d easily spend 2 - 3 times what I paid for the Sharespace.  With a little bit of attention on WD’s side to pay more attention to things like AD integration that truly works, you’d be able to increase your sales.

1 Like