Wd sharespace raid 5 failure

Eurieka!!!

Well, at a last ditch attempt, I imaged all 4 of the last paritions on each drive and played around with them in R-Studios Data Recovery software (you can trial this software for free but you can’t off-load your files until you purchase a licence)…

For some reason, my drives produced a Data Volume folder when I placed them in reverse order. Now, i had tried R-Stuidos with all four of the original drives attached to the computer and got the same result but could not see any viable files, but this time the Root folder showed up with all my sub-folders, inlcuidng Public… And yes, all my files too… 

I really don’t understand how i can do this when i’ve tirelessly tried every other method to reconstruct the array… 

I’m in the process of transferring all my files off now, which will take around 4 days to do… 

I really recommend using R-Studios with imaged files (they will image your disks too, even in the trial version) and mess around… This would have saved me a great deal of time if I had the idea in the beginning…

2 Likes