Wd sharespace raid 5 failure

Ok… I have more information on my predicament… I have come to realise with my tinkering, with a LIVE system and the clone drives, that what has happened is the superblock has become corrupted, that the metadata has been recorded incorrectly due to an impropor shutdown of the device due to the power cut. Also, when exploring the LIVE system, it seems only the first drive has a superblock for the file system… This really puzzles me and i don’t understand why…yet!? Maybe this is why when creating an LVM you can apply an ext3 file system to try and repair it… But as I’ve already discovered, there is no LVM structure in place that I can find on the LIVE system… I’m really beggining to worry that this recovery attempt might be in vein… It would be really helpful if WD explain how they’ve structured the file system in the ShareSpace, but I know how useless they are with this problem and I won’t be holding my breath… I have a few ideas on recovering the superblock and thus recovering the RAID… I will keep you all posted… JUST SOME ADVICE: I WOULD REALLY RECOMMEND PURCHASING A UNINTERRUPTABLE POWER SUPPLY (UPS) DEVICE. THEY ARE MUCH CHEAPER THAN DATA RECOVERY AND SAVE YOU FROM A GREAT DEAL OF STRESS AND HASSLE. I WOULD ALSO RECOMMEND BACKING UP YOUR DATA TOO…