Community Manager
Nik71

New Patch release for ShareSpace units on firmware version 2.2.9 affected by slow transfer rate

[ Edited ]

We appreciate your patience while we have investigated this issue. We have released a patch that will improve the transfer rate on affected units. If you are experiencing these issues, please apply the patch located on the knowledge base answer below.

Link: http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5754

Advisor
Spock

Re: New Patch relese for ShareSpace units on firmware version 2.2.9 affected by slow transfer rate i

Great!

Occasional Advisor
Government_Pork

Re: New Patch release for ShareSpace units on firmware version 2.2.9 affected by slow transfer rate

Awesome! This seems to have solved my issue. Thanks Nik71!

---------------------------------------------------------

"Spending money like my Uncle Sam"

Things that make you go Oink!

Advisor
Spock

Re: New Patch release for ShareSpace units on firmware version 2.2.9 affected by slow transfer rate

Confirmed increased SMB file transfer rate.

Write: From 8.5 MB/s to 13.5MB/s

Read: from 10 MB/s to 13.5MB/s

However FTP upload is now down to 13.5 MB/s.  Download unchanged.  The patch certainly changes more than the SMB signing issue!

My SS have never been this fast.

Staff
daytrdr

Thank you for the feedback Spock, this patch only deals with the SMB Signature signing on the drive so FTP should not be effected by this either positively or negatively.

-DayTrdr
Need some drama in your life? Trade VIX options :smileyhappy:
Please be sure to click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Frequent Advisor
Wave64

Thank you very much for this patch.

Issue is solved, good work!

Frequent Visitor
SS4GIG

Wow RX speed jumped up to 28MB(230Mbps) and Samba process consumes only 50% of CPU. GREAT!!

Advisor
Aaaaarrrghhh

Tagster

[ Edited ]

Just updated with the patch, results are:

Write: From 6.5 MB/s to 10.5MB/s

Read: From 10 MB/s to 20.5MB/s

Better, but not good considering it's all on a Gigabit network. I purchaced this for the speed it stated on the side of the box.

Gigabit Ethernet  35mbs

USB 2 / firewire 400  28mbs

10/100 Ethernet  6.5mbs

10/100 is still more or less the only speed it lives upto.

Occasional Visitor
pjsmith

I've been strugling to get our domain auth wortking for the last few days.  It's always been an issue.  After installing this patch, access does seem quicker and some of the pc's that have not been able to talk to the nas for the last 2 weeks despite me trying alsorts have started working again.

Not quite there yet, but this seems to be a step in the right direction..

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD