Hard Reset?

I am having the same issue.    I cannot access the sharespace.  I have reformatted one drive (figuring it would be quicker then trying to rebuild a full raid 5 config)  and placed it back in the unit.    It has been sitting there for days, amber light on the drive, network  activity light blinking away, and the power light on solid.    The box does not show up on the network.    Does it matter which slot the drive is in?     Is there anything special or tricky about the hard reset?   Should it actually cause the box to reboot?     I hit it for 20 seconds and nothing seems to happen.      Ready to pull my hair out here,   feel like I have wasted $1K on a device that is probably fine, but I can’t recover from disasters like this. 

By the way I got into this situation when I went on vacation and powered down the unit.   Upon return I powered it back up and suddenly the array went into degraded mode and never recovered.   Seriously considering another vendor, but then they all seem to have there set of detractors.