HOWTO: Recover files from a RAID 1 (mirrored) drive when the ShareSpace has failed

Dear Nathan,

I don’t know where to look for help as I read your written about WD Sharespace RAID

My WD drive suddenly “connection failed”, In the computer we can see the network icon WDTONGKI

but we can not login, we can not settings, etc, it is said CONNECTION FAILED

and perhaps your network name is bla bla bla …

We didn’t change anything,

we didn’t upgrade anything,

we tried restarting and changing the router with the same network settings, still did not wor

We could enter WD Sharespace IP address (in browser) and the menu is SYSTEM STARTED … 10% (sometimes 3%, 20% and holds)

It seems that the systems failed to start and freeze when started, don’t know if I put the drive in another unit,

will it be RESET the drive and erase all data or could help retrieve the data

I set it up RAID 0 as I need more space,

I don’t know whether it is stripping or not, I don’t understand that thing,

all I want is to get MY DATA BACK I saw you mentioned about Fedora Project,

I’m downloading it right now but you did not give any clue on how to use it, should I put all 2 drives connected or just 1 drive ?

What command should entered for Fedora Projec

Can you help us with this, I already dissapointed with Western Digital as I am a HUGE FANS of Western Digital,

I have WD Studio, I have 5 units of WD Studio, I thought by using the TOP of the LINE WD products,

it will be a peace of mind now it is all TROUBLE, BIG TROUBLE as I haven’t did any backup for 2011 project

Please help me, Nathan, TQ

Regards,

Anthony Christiaan