Occasional Visitor
mboegem

HELP! File permissions are preventing me from copying my files!

Somewhere along the way my ShareSpace seemed to have changed the file permissions of a certain series of files.

When I am connected with my admin account on windows (XP) the file explorer tells me the owner is: Unix User\501

My best bet was to connect via SSH and change the permissions, but when I connect to the sharespace and type ls -al, I only get to see some .bashxxx files/folders but none of folder that are shared (eg. public)

What can I do to get my data copied?

Thnkx for any input!

Occasional Visitor
mboegem

Re: HELP! File permissions are preventing me from copying my files!

I don't know what happened, but suddenly the WD ShareSpace is showing the full content of the drives when using SSH.

Now it's easy going: with chmod on the problem files I was able to copy them to another location.

Anyway: answered my own question (sort of)

Honored Contributor
Wizer

Re: HELP! File permissions are preventing me from copying my files!

Way to go

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD