Access to time machine folder on WD ShareSpace

hello, i am not able to access the Time Machine folder on the WD ShareSpace. the manual says to login to the sharespace with WD_Backup and password and the folder will mount, but i only get two folders: Public and Configuration and there is no trace of the the time machine backup folders (i back up 3 different machines to the same sharespace).

also in my list of shared folders i have the volume “name”-Backup where “name” is the name of my sharespace. the instruction manual says that this volume is not possible to mount and that is my experience as well, but the reason i mention it is that the user manual also seems to indicate that this is the volume to select for Time Machine backup. however this volume is not visible in the list of available volumes when setting up time machine. the only sharespace volume available is the “name” volume.

i am just worried that my setup is wrong and that i will be screwed when trying to recover data from the sharespace some day. it would be good to have some confirmation that my setup is correct and that the WD Sharespace is operating normally.

suggestions and help is much appreciated.

Hi there

Allow me to share this link, could be useful : 

http://wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/docs/en/appletimemachine.pdf

Hello the document you refer to has limited info compared to document 4779-705006.pdf which i have been reading. document 4779-705006.pdf page 51 says that the time machine sparsebundle file can be accessed by logging into the sharespace with wd_backup account. I can not get this to work and the only folders i can find when logging in is Configuration and Public.

The wd_backup folder is HIDDEN, you will NOT see it unless you open TM to set the backup.

Hello,

there must be some way to see that file. I had to reformat the whole drive because Time Machine confused the older backup, and I couldn’t open the sparsebundle file, because I couldn’t get to it! and I couldn’t delete it straight away either due to the same reason.

Also, any of you know the “Share” Time Machine uses? I’d like to change to NFS automounting drive, and I wouldn’t like to backup ALL my disks AGAIN

Thanks

I just got Time Machine and now telling me that I have to update but will not accept my password-

I just used this password for other wi-fi product and had no problem. Please advise.

thanks