Windows 8.1 backup problem DX-4000 Issues remain

System would not back up.  Went to 1% and hung.  Then terminated with an error regarding a problem with volume snapshot.  I found a Uefi partition on the drive.  System reserved/recovery.    

Researched and found the hot fix from MS to correct.

Installed the hotfix ran update again and got the update.  rebooted server.    rebooted workstation

Yes, I removed and re-installed the connector.

After applying the recommended hot fix I have same problem (different error) but it has worsened   

Backup will still not run.  Never goes beyond 0%.  Hangs and errors out.   In the dashboard I NOW cannot even go into the backup configuration for the client to limit the scope of the backup.  The error is:  

Backup is not configured.

An unknown error prevented the server from performing the task.  Make sure all services on the server are running, then try again.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Client appl. event log says Backup did not complete because a problem interrupted a connection to the server.

Backup Job 0 did not succeed - connection lost  System string

The network is intact. I can run the dashboard from the client.  Shared drives are present.   The launchpad and connector are fine.

Can anyone advise next steps forward to troubleshoot this?    I really need this to work, as this is a new server installation.

I have several of these boxes in the field and they all work flawlessly.

Regards,

Ed

Sorry was on the road today.  Now do windows update on the client pc(s).  couple of reboots and all should be well

1 Like

Gramps,   Same error  and backup fails

Updates installed on client and rebooted twice

Backup is not configured.

An unknown error prevented the server from performing the task.  Make sure all services on the server are running, then try again.  

Check the date on the DX, not the time, the date.

1 Like

Date is correct.

Are the 2 backup services running on the server?

1 Like

Gramps,

I just noticed that the backup for that  PC completed successfully at 3:00AM this morning.  Very strange.  I guess your recommendation to re-check and apply the clients Windows updates last night was the key.  (and a couple reboots)

Must have Taken some time for things to sync up.  I just added another client and it is backing up !  

Thanks Sir.  I appreciate your expertise and your help very much.  This case is closed.

-Ed

Woot Woot :slight_smile:

1 Like