WD has failed my company Once and only once

Hello,

Around 2 years ago i bought 2 DX4000’s (8TB) for my company. 1 worked and is still in working condition in production. However the 2nd one is screwed. Today 11/29/2014 i opened the 2nd one. 2 years later still in the original unopened box. 

Loading os Please wait… ( I googled this error)

17 hours have passed. Still the same. It seems that there is a number of issues on the WD forums with this box Most forums ref “Gramps” as answering most. Downloading a 10g file convert to usb and resetting an unopened box is simply unacceptable! 

However now i must go through this prossess. Simple to make a prouct work…Well not really  My company and I are now dismissing Western Digital as reliable, viable company for HD storage. This includes swaping all WD HD’s from all 172 client machines and 4 servers, copying  them to “Other HD maker”. The one in production has a full backup. Were transfereing that data aswell. 172 client machines may not sound like alot to some. but in the business we are in, lawsuits call if “Things” cannot be located.

REASON: Due to date of purachse of these boxes WD support has dismissed my issue and left my company with a $1500 paper weight. 

This transition will cost my company Approx $15,000.00. My comany which is a non profit will eat this cost. However Any WD product is no longer an option for this company, at any price, anymore. Good Bye Western Digital.

Jim

Hi Jimzplace, welcome to the WD Community, I’m sorry to hear you had problems with the Sentinel. We have passed your case to support, please check your private messages. 

For others who may have this issue.  Seems like about one in seven will do that Initializing.  It is an information msg not an error.  Depending on the capacity it may take up to 5 days to fully boot.  Once it has the drives initialized all will be fine.

Glass half full, I think it is great with all those devices this is your first problem.

After serveral days of waiting for a recovery to finish, The dx4000 still did not work. WD support didnt know what to try next. 

My next set of NAS boxes will not be WD.

That’s unfortunate, but at the same time seems like an over-reaction to me…

Regardless, I’ve found the device to be fairly versatile and fully capable…  if you plan on dumping them, I’ll send you my mailing address  :slight_smile: