WD Sentinel DX4000 username and password reset

Hi all, new user and new to the forum.

I have to admit from the outset that I am almost completely computer illiterate, so please forgive my lack of technical jargon.

I purchased the WD Sentinel DX4000 to use as a NAS for my cinema movie collection. As it turns out, it was not a good choice, but I am hoping to make it work. I did setup the device a while ago, but found it incredibly hard to use with my lack of computer skills. Consequently it sat untouched for a long time. Unfortunately, during that time I have completely forgotten the username/admin name/servername and passowrds. I did manage to load the movies on there almost 6 TB worth.

Is there a way to reset the servername/admin name/user name and passwords without losing the movie data? If there is, a step by step guide in non-technical speak would be highly appreciated. And again, apologies for the non-intellectual nature of this post.

Actually I think the guest account is enabled by default.  From a PC in network, do you see the server?  If you dbl click it can you not get to the shares and the data?

Thanks for the reply Gramps.

I have managed even with my limited skills to solve the issue. I reloaded the Launchpad and the password hint showed itself for the first time. From that I was easily able to remember. I have now logged in and changed the access settings and passwords so this will never happen again.

The computer gumpie strikes again.

That was a good idea :slight_smile:

Merry Christmas !