Unknown Network Error

We have a DX4000 with a static IP…

and we have tried to full restore one of computer client.

after installing the network driver and the client try to connect the server for full restore

it’s always appear an error Message

“An unknown network error Has occured during Full Syster Restore, Make sure your network connection is active and that the power to your server is on”

my client computer and my server are connected directly without switch / hub /  router.

Your client cannot “see” the server.  If you do not have a DHCP server, the client is not getting an ip.  The safest/simplest thing to do would be to put a router in there with dhcp configured for the same range as the server.

if that so…

everytime i want to full restore one of my client, i should change my sentinel to DHCP first?

is there any other way to restore client computer without changing to DHCP server?

Is there a chance that you need to fix your network firstly? Like the message tells, you may need to make sure that your network connection is active.

Renew IP or reset Winsock Catalog if necessary. Read more about  fixing network connection here.

The client must have an ip is the reason he got network error.  The thumb drive he boots from must see a dhcp server.  He did not have a dhcp server.