Recreate My Storage invalid drive count

I’ve just upgraded the storage on my DX4000 from 4x 2TB drives to 4x 4TB. I run Recreate My Storage by mounting the downloaded ISO file APAC_SvrRecovery_1_7_5_17 and create a bootable USB drive. I’m booting the DX4000 up with the reset button depressed until the LCD screen shows Initializing OK Loading Recovery.

It then begins the process, but gets no further than Recovery Initializing before throwing an error stating either  “recovery invalid config.” or “invalid drive count”.

Have I got the wrong drives, have I downloaded the wrong ISO file to create the bootable USB drive from, are my USB drives at fault?

(Using 2 alternatively; 1 Sony USB 2.0 thumbdrive 8GB, 1 TDK USB 3.0 16GB)

THanks for any help in advance.

I cant read the fine print on your drives.  Did you look at this list?  The model-firmware must match

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9443/~/list-of-compatible-hard-drives-for-wd-sentinels-dx4000,-rx4100-,-ds5100,#panam

But even if, I am not sure as it does not list any 4tb drives for the 2tb box?

Are all these drives new/blank?  You did not plug one or 2 in the box with the other 2 old 2TB drives?

Hey, I was able to see your firmware in the picture and it does not match…yours ends in 1 and the list shows 0

That said, even if they did match, I really do not know if it would work or not.  I don’t see why not, simply it is not listed and the box is picky  I will see what I can find out.

PS: They do not like you posting serial numbers.  If you want to repost your drive with the SN blacked out it will get aproved for all to see.