Occasional Advisor
dw1562

Re: New Release - Software Update for the WD Sentinel (5/29/12)

OK thanks for that.   That does give me a little more confidence.   I'm glad I went to the bother of enabling Windows Backup and configuring the job for C:    But I still wonder whether I should really bother doing the WD upgrade.   The server seems stable with no real problems (other than my SSL cert needing to be reinstalled every time I reboot the server).

Frequent Advisor
diehard

My update was painless. I noticed that the DX4000 now supports 3TB hard drives.

I wonder if all drives can be replaced 1 by 1 ?

Also booting from a 3TB drive requires a UEFI bootable BIOS, IIRC, so I wonder if all 4 drives can be 3TB ?

Occasional Advisor
dw1562

My Sentinel came with 4 x 3TB drives installed in it so I can confirm it definitely works.    Not sure about the upgrade process though if you already have smaller drives installed.

Honored Contributor
Gramps

If you look in disk manager you will see it is a uEFI system.  That is the only way to get over 2tb on a volume that contains SYS

Gramps

I hate to ask, but if you feel inclined to click the star for a kudo please do. For every 10, I get a keychain from WD :smileyhappy:
Frequent Advisor
diehard

Looks like there are a few more bugs in this update, while adding data,  drive lights 2 and 3  have just turned red and when I cycle through the LCD, I get DRIVE COUNT 0. Everything is crawling along while more data is added to the drives, Dashboard is talking a long time to open and shows (Not Responding).

Frequent Visitor
Blujedi

is there any idea on when these bug fixes for this update will be resolved. My update does not actually apply itself since it says the system needs to be rebooted and despite all the rebooting you do the update does not seem to apply. Also my dashboard monitor tab crashes.

Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
Blujedi

bump.......

Valued Contributor
GHoward

Blujedi, see my earlier replies regarding the update. Manually extract the update to a local folder on the Sentinel and re-run the *.msi installers over RDP. Most will give the Repair or Remove options but some should act as if they are fresh installs. This fixed the Monitor tab crash for me.

Occasional Visitor
Genecpu

So did an update and now my fan is on. This is annoying. The fan on all the time is not the way it was prior.

I should not have updated. There was nothing wrong prior. Now I have an issue.

Also the register process just to enter this is really bad.

The encrypted words are way too hard to read. I tried to use the audio and that was worse.

Someone who designed this should actually try to use it.

I also kept having to scroll back down each time I entered the wrong cryptic word.

Can I revert back to the previous version of software? this fan on is just wrong!!!

Honored Contributor
Gramps

Those word drive me crazy also !!

Fans normally run even when it is off.  Allways have

Gramps

I hate to ask, but if you feel inclined to click the star for a kudo please do. For every 10, I get a keychain from WD :smileyhappy:
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD