Meaning of "initializing" after Server Recovery

After completing a Server Recovery (using the preseve Data option), the WD dx4000 shows in my computer, but the user names / passwords we normally use to access it via Windows My Computer no longer work. I accessed it via HTTP:// and it was like a new setup: I had to enter a new username and password. But, that setup mode causes the Server to do an initialization like it did when it was new. I had to force it to stop --i.e., powered off-- before it got too far (it still showed “0%”) because we can’t lose the data that is already on the drives.

I had to do another server recovery because of that power off, and now it is waiting for me to connect again. I still can’t access it through Windows Explorer without entering a UN/PW. The http:// seems like my only option.

1. Is there a default username / password after a Server Recovery that can be used when accessing via Windows Explorer?

2. If not, and the HTTP:// route must be used, during the “initializing” step, is the server wiping the data from the hard drives or simply verifying the data that already exists?

Lynn

recovery will erase user names etc.  It re-does the c:  The design goal of keep data was to leave the D: (server shares) alone.  Though I have never actually done it.  Initializing is no indicator of whether your data is there or not.

the default username and password before you complete setup.  If you ran setup, the password will now be whatever you told it

User Administrator

Password Admin (big A)