Frequent Advisor
diehard

Re: Error "Startup failed 0xD9" during reset

Looks like the drive array is messed up. Follow the PDF on rebuilding the drives. They talk about using a 512meg USB. Maybe if that works then you can try reinstalling the OS
Honored Contributor
Gramps

recreate.PNGSo I guess in the wizzard you have been doing restore my server, lets do recreate my storage first then as Diehard suggests

Gramps

I hate to ask, but if you feel inclined to click the star for a kudo please do. For every 10, I get a keychain from WD :smileyhappy:
Valued Contributor
Kontex

for notice

at this time I am "Recreating the storage" described in WD manual page 52.

Like Step 9.d. since 4 hours is "LOADING RECOVERY" at the Display.

The power led blinks blue, the drive leds are dark, I can not see any action.

I have the 8TB version

I will see what happens in serveral hours

Good night.

Honored Contributor
Gramps

I think that is good.  I think "we" wait 48 hours unless someone tells us differently

Gramps

I hate to ask, but if you feel inclined to click the star for a kudo please do. For every 10, I get a keychain from WD :smileyhappy:
Frequent Advisor
diehard

It's been a while since I did this, but I'm thinking there should be a message after that. Didn't you have to click on something on the PC's WD restore app to continue ?

You said nothing happening ? The drives should be whirling and the LCD display should have a progress counter.

Valued Contributor
Kontex

Meanwhile there a 23 hours since my last notice.

I am also concerned that there no action counld be see

I mean that blinking of the drive lcd must be see.

Last action on the laptop was the screen "Congratulation ..." in Step 8

Actualy there is "LOADING RECORVERY" on the display, an no action on the drive leds.

Since 23 hours !

I don't think that is working correctly !

Occasional Visitor
amjaad1

OK, this is my first contribution to WD Community and I hope it will benefit some of you.

I just got my dx4000 two weeks ago to be used for personal purposes. However, the unit became inaccessible through the network because I freaked out when I found an IP Address from China! is trying to hack into my SQL Server every second. I mistakenly disabled the network adapter in the server. Guess what? I was kicked out from the remote desktop session immediately and was not able to access the server anymore even with LAN cable hooked into the second port in the server.

I called WD support and they advised me to do a recovery and here where I got the same problem discussed in this topic. I kept getting "startup failed 0xD9". After careful investigating, I found out that the ISO file that I used to create the bootable usb was not downloaded completely! According to WD, it is 6.22 GBs. However, I downloaded it twice at first with only two point something GBs and it was a successful download without errors reported to me?! Then, I downloaded the file a third time and it finally downloaded as 6.22GBs. Only then I was able to pass the error message in recovering my server using the new bootable usb that I created with the "6.22GB" ISO file. Please, pay attention to the warning given by WD before downloading the file. And here I quote it

Very Important: The ISO file is very large in size and it will requires at least 6.5 GB of space on the applicable Client PC. Due to the file size limitation on Internet Explorer, please use Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari browser to download this file.

Honored Contributor
Gramps

Good info.  Thanks

Gramps

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD