DX4000 Raid 5 Drives

I purchased a 2x2 version so I looked up the correct drive model numbers and purchased 4 HDS5C4040ALE630 4TB drives and did the factory restore but it will only give me about 6tb of drive space I know they have a 16TB version of this unit so why can’t I get up to 16TB am I missing something here I have checked the drives and they all show OK even install the intel raid software it shows all 4 drives but only 2 are being used by the system and the other 2 are idle any suggestions. George.

I dunno

If I look in the monitor at compatible drives it only shows 2 and 3tb Drives.  But like you I know they have a 4 X 4 version.

You say you have 2 drives idle, but it sounds to me like it is using 2tb from each in a raid 5

When you did the factory recover did you do the midle step, recreate storage?  If you did and still have that thumb drive, look in the wd folder for a log file.  At the end of the file it should say how it laid out the drives

If you look at the list

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9443/~/list-of-compatible-hard-drives-for-wd-sentinels-dx4000,-rx4100-,-ds5100,-and#panam

It says that drive is only compatable with the 16tb version :frowning: