DX400 Factory Reset never completes

Good Afternoon,

We have purchased one of these devices for one of our smaller sites and have been testing out the various recovery situations. The latest attempt had us do a “Factory Reset” and let it format all of the drives. This process took a very very long time, and in the end there is one single line on the LCD Panel that says “WDSENTINEL” with no IP address, or anything, so i’m not able to connect to it. I have started the process over twice now and get the same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Have you tried powercycling the DX400?

How are you doing a “factory reset”?

You download the iso, mount it, recreate store, get storage Okay, and then perform a recovery?

hello, i’m performing a factory reset on my WD Sentinel DX400 at the moment my computer shows resetting your server to the factory  default settings…  formatting the hard drives… i have been at this for close to an hour no indication to show progress… please how long does this process take? its a 12TB drive i just need to know if its really working or i’m just sstuck doing nothing please help

What does the LCD say?  It may take a week

Hi,

I am trying to reinstall the OS by folowing the step to put the DX4000 into recovery mode.  I create a flash drive through the ISO file to recreate the OS, but receive “recovery fail 0XD9”.  I am stuck and can no more acces Dashbord, no more install a new PC and no more remote access.  Any Clue How I can go back to factory install.

Normally that error is a bad ISO download.  Is yours over 6gb?  Download again with chrome and make the flash drive again

Hi,

I retried again and received the following error from the LCD Display while trying to recreate the Server OS drive. 

“RECOVERY INVALID CONFIG.”

Any clue of what I can do next to recreate the server.  Take note that I cannot connect through Dashboard and remote.

you need to do that middle choice first/again.  recreate storage.  also you must recreate the flash drive each time you do it

Hi I downloaded the latest ISO file and recreate the USB flash device.  Everything ran without error with the last message saying STORAGE OK.  I do the step to recreate my network, but seem doing nothing, cause still have the same issue.

I am not able to use the dashborad also unable to connect on remote.

I would like to reinstall the OS and re-start from the beginning of the installation.  Any idea of how to do this.  Thanks