DS 6100 cannot reset to factory restore

Hello all-

I believe I need a factory disk because I have received the following error when I tried to reset the server to factory settings.

The error I am receiving is based on the WD Factory Restore and the command prompt asks if I want to proceed.  I type Yes and it pops with errors.  Since I am on a different machine I have taken a photo and posted it here.

I need to get this guy together by Sunday night.  I had to restore it because of the serious issues I was having with Windows Update.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.  I am over my head with this one.  I have reached out to WD support but I keep getting that the phone line is busy…not cool! :cry:

You got to this point by booting to windows and then holding shift while you clicked restart and went to advanced options, system restore?

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/?id=443&type=25  Page 70

and you have not changed any of the partitions on the OS drive

This happened to me. The file WD support sends you does not work if your boot drive has failed.

1 Like

Yes, WD shipped a new server. The drive went out. My post was from awhile back but cost us a week.

I just found this out the hard way, that the recovery file WD gives you does not work if your Boot Drive has failed.