Creating Backup

After restoring the OS on my SENTINEL DX4000,when I install the client connector, the backup schedule doesn’t show. What should I do in order to setup a backup per client computer? 

I am not real sure what you mean the backup schedule does not show.

You mean if you right click a computer in the dashboard there are no backup optons the start a backup or setup backup?

That said, make sure “all” windows updates have been aplied to the server.

I will update the Sentinel and respond to your solution afterwords.

Error message: 34 failed updates please restart…

What could this mean, could there be a problem with the software meaning the OS?

Or should I try to update every last update for that OS, before continuing?

Click restart the server.  It may take several restarts, check for updates.

Also on the the general tab of server settings make sure the date and time are correct.  Check the year in particular

Server is fully updated but when I connect a PC to the server via ///connect, the backup status of the client pc is unknown. Again no option for setting up a backup for client pc. Help please.

Is it just one pc or all of them?

It is a Windows PC?

The hard driive is formatted NTFS?

Did you install thee uEFI hotfix?

Is the date correct on the server?

At  this very moment there is just my pc connected to the sentinel. Yes I am running windows 8 on all my computers. I have checked the time zone, it is in order. The drives are working fine, but “yes” it is formatted NTFS. I recently installed the hotfix, but no luck. I am still stuck with this.

It was not the timezone I wanted you to check it was the actual date :slight_smile:

Double check and make sure this update is also installed

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2934953/en-us