Cannot Join a Domain on DX4000

Hi Everyone,

I’ve had the DX4000 running under a domain now for over a year.  No problems.  Recently, we changed over to a new domain.  When I attempt to join that domain under Server Settings > domain I can authentication errors.  I enter the domain, the server then requests the username and password (I am assuming from the domain I am going to).  I enter the administrator username and password and it fails to authenticate.  I know it’s correct but cant seem to get it to switch over.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Did you have the dialog to leave the domain first?

Instead of the leave domain and browse button, I have only a Join Domain button.  I put in the new domain.  Press the Join Domain button.  After a short pause, it prompts me for a username and password.  I assume its the administrator username and password for the new domain.  After entering it, a short pause and I get an invalid username or password.  I checked the credentials and they are correct.  

Interesting…  I capitalized the username and it worked!  So, it seems that you MUST have the syntax for the username be typed in exactly as it appears in Active Directory.  

I am concerned/confused that you say it was on a domain.  How did it get on the domain?  How did it leave the domain?  If it was joined using this dialouge it should show the leave options now.

If you look at the server/computer properties, does it say workgroup or domain?  You will have to remote to the server desktop to see this

Well good then :slight_smile: ignore my last post LOL