Blinking RED LED's

Ok, so I received info from WD support about moving ahead with the recovery process but since my box seems dead in the water I have no idea how this will even be possible. However in the spirit of cooperation I decided to proceed. I downloaded the recovery ISO and installed .NET and Poweriso. I placed a known working 64GB thumb drive into the USB slot and told the WD Recovery Utility to perform a Recover. First thing it did was attempt to copy the ISO onto the USB drive and failed. I tried the whole thing on another workstation with the necessary utilities installed – again a failure with two different USB drives that I tested prior to beginning the process. Not only does the recovery utility fail to create the USB recovery drive but it completely screws up the host system USB drivers. After running the recovery utility neither of the USB drives were recognizable by Windows 7. I had to perform a system restore to get things working again. I am still waiting for Tech Support to repsond to my request for further advice but for now this is a dead-end!! I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced these kinds of problems trying to make the USB recovery drive? :confounded: