Write protected files? Can I write/edit files/pictures on WD My Passport P/N WDKBXH5000ABK-01?

Well, my question is in the subject line.   I have seen the question asked in a number of places on the net, but with varying answers.  So, here I am for the final word.

I have different operating systems on 3 different computers.  :  XP   windows 7 and vista .

If it is my desire to edit and manage a bunch of photographs, should I buy a different type of external drive?  This was not necessarily my purpose when I bought this drive.

wdkbxh5000abk-01  is the p/n for this device.               Thanks

By the way, I am sure this question has been asked so many times, I’ll will be happy to be directed to an already posted answer or note.

Hello,

This drive is a plug and play drive, If you have it formatted as NTFS you should me able to use it on any of the Windows versions that you have mentioned. My recommendation will be to format the drive on the Windows 7 computer and then you should be able to copy, move and edit files stored on this drive on any of your Windows computers.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.  Will reformat as per your instructions.