Software issues

JStaff: I appreciate your quick reply.

Just to check my understanding here: so are you suggesting I should select WD SmartWare to uninstall as opposed to WD SmartWare Installer? Both options are placed one after another in Programs and Features, right? It’s just that the uninstallation instructions (manual, software) state the opposite of this though. I wish I could attach an image here to illustrate my point.

One more question regarding file synchronization under the following scenario: I prefer to back up my files through the “file” option because I want to maintain the folder/file structure. Let’s assume I have a directory (designated folder) containing 10 items (folders and subfolders) in the the source drive (computer) and I back that up into the target drive (WD). Some times later, that file structure in the source drive has changed completely and I now have just one new folder and not ten, the others I have deleted because I already copied them onto the WD drive.

Now, I want to add (back up) that new folder to the target (WD) drive. If I connect my WD drive and choose a continuous back up plan, [how] will the target drive recognize such a change in the designated folder (source) above? Will it add it as new material to the existing folder structure from the previous backup or will it simply mirror the contents of the designated folder in the source which has changed, meaning deleting whatever materials previously copied to the target drive to match it with the source. I hope that was clear.

Thanks again.