"WD My Passport" WD smartware don't backup newly added files on my computer

Hi,

A few weeks ago I performed a comprehensive category backup of my entire computer using the WD Smartware software.
On a day to day basis, the WD My Passport isn’t connected to the computer, while new files are added to my computer. Once a week I try to connect the device in order to backup those newly added files. However, the software doesn’t detect that new files were created in the computer and immediately finishes the backup “successfully” without backing up these files. On the other hand, If I create new files on the computer while the My Passport is connected, the software backs up these new files.
So how can I make the device backup the files that I add to the computer while the device is not connected?

It’s so frustrating!

Thanks,
Oded

Hello,

Please make sure you have the latest version of WD Smartware installed on your computer and also that you have the latest firmware installed on your drive.

im having the same exact problem…  my firmare and software are all up to date.  i dont have my passport ultra connected all the time, new files have been added and the software doesnt update these new files onto the harddrive…  

* also it says “copying files” but yet nothing new has been copied to the drive…  this will go on for hours without any changes

please look into this issue.

I have the same problem and I just updated both of mine today. 

note,

i had same problem and then changed setting to “continuous backup” and it worked.

i called tech support and they confirmed these parameters

if you set for backup every 2 weeks, and you ask to back up now at 1 week, that won’t work, but if you switch to continuous and let iit go for a few minutes it shoud work, did on mine when “back up now” did not work.

i think that is answer.

since i am using these as spare off site backup i only want interim backup every 1-2 months, so i can either

move to continuous before i start and make sure program is enabled or set for 1 month and bring back at one month and one day and it should do it at that point also.

larry