Occasional Visitor
saffer00

passport makes clicking noise

Hi everyone!

This is my problem I hope someone knows a solution.

My WD Passport makes a continous clicking noise when I plug it in and is not recognized by the operating system. I tried both on OSX and Win7 and several different USB ports. The usb cable is pretty short so length can't be the issue. I didn't drop it either.
Is there any way to get it working or at least recover my data?

Honored Contributor
Mabkay

Re: passport makes clicking noise

If your drive is clicking, it may not be getting adequate power (connection problem) or a hardware fault. Since, you have tried on two different PCs or Mac’s it is highly unlikely you have a connection issue. It is advisable to get a warranty replacement ASAP or a refund. (Refund is preferred in my case as WD is not taking any initiative to resolve ongoing MY Passport related issues.)

Mabikay - SLK

Note: Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD