Passport essentials

Hi

i was told by the salesman that i could copy the windows 7 opperating system on to my passport essentials external hard drive, is this possible

thanx chris

The WD externals are not bootable. You could copy Windows but it wouldn’t be bootable. What are you trying to accomplish? There is software that will image your HD and you will be able to restore it if you have problems.

Joe

1 Like

Hi

thank you for your reply, I dont know much about pc’s , i thought that if my pc crashed and i lost everything  including windows that i would be able to put it back on the pc

chris:smiley:

Ok there are some free and paid programs that will do that. Paragon EaseUS and Macrium all have free programs that will do that. I use Acronis True Image paid. You burn a CD with these programs that is bootable and boot from that to restore. To be able to do incremental backups you need a paid version of all of these. I also partitioned my HD and Windows and programs are on one and my data is on the other. That way I can restore system without disturbing the data.

Joe

1 Like

Hi joe

Thanx for your help

chris:smileyvery-happy: