Hard disk failure

I’ve only had the unit for a few months but the truth of the matter is that I have tried getting technical support on a non-working WD my passport before (strangely enough that one was also only a few months old) and the tech support was not helpful at all.  They sent me another usb cord that would supposedly provide “more power” to the unit but they promised they would send it to me when I talked to them and then it touch several months before it actually arrived.  It didn’t even work when it arrived so I was so aggravated.  At that point I had already gotten a new passport and replaced the data that I had lost so I just didn’t bother with the old one any more.  It has been about a year or so since that happened and now this new drive has gone bad when I have only had it a couple months.  I would rather try to salvage the data off of it by taking it apart then deal with support who tells me to do the same things over again.

I’ve tried this drive in several USB ports on several computers in our lab (both in the front of the computer and the back (where I was told it would apparently get “more power”).  It does not show up on any of the computers :frowning:

Thank you for the link by the way.  They look very cool inside!